What should I do with the job?
If the item is with you, please give an update to the poster on your condition. Please click here to report and GoGet admin team will get in touch with you in 24 hours or next working day. If you have yet to pick up the item, please cancel/leave the job*. Your safety is more important than the job.
*IMPORTANT: If your mobile phone is damaged, kindly log in to your GoGet account from another device (mobile phone or laptop) through www.GoGet.my (web app).
If you are injured
Stay calm and don’t panic. If you need medical assistance, call 999 for the ambulance.
If you are not injured
- If the accident is in a dangerous spot, go to a safe place nearby with or without the car. Maintain your composure and avoid any arguments.
- Note down the names, addresses,telephone numbers and insurers of the other parties involved in the accident and offer yours as well.
- Note down the car registration numbers, make, model and colour of the other vehicles involved. Even better would be to use your hand phone camera to take a picture. Note the time.
- Do not negotiate to offer compensation to the third party and do not admit liability (verbal or written) as it will jeopardise your rights under the insurance policy.
- Do not allow any unauthorised tow truck driver to tow your vehicle (there will be many of them coming from all directions within minutes of the accident). Also, keep a list of reliable auto workshops available.
- Do not sign any documents requested by anybody except an authorised tow truck company specifically appointed by your insurance company. This, however, should be verified. Call the 24-hour auto-assist hotline of your insurance company (a sticker should be on your windscreen or register the number on your mobile phone).
- If your vehicle is not driveable, request that it be towed to the police station designated, from the accident report according to your respective area.
- After making the police report, request that your car be towed to an authorised workshop of your insurance company or franchise holder of the car model (for example, if you have a Toyota, it’s Toyota UMW Service Centre).
- By law, the police report must be made within 24 hours of the accident. You will need to provide copies of your driving license, passport, vehicle registration card and insurance policy.
- After the report is made, contact your insurance company as soon as possible.
- Original article from: http://www.expatgo.com/my/2016/03/03/get-accident-while-driving/