First things first..
- Stay calm and don't panic.
- Try to pull your vehicle over to the shoulder, away from the traffic around you.
- Evaluate your surroundings and the nature of your problem.
- Inform a family member to see if they can help you.
- Call your mechanic or workshop accordingly.
- Contact your insurance policy provider if you need tow car services.
What should I do with the job?
Report the job immediately to let GoGet admin know about the situation. It is important you report the job through the app, using this reporting reason The item is with me but I am having problems with my vehicle/ I am involved in an accident so GoGet admin has access of your job details.
If you still have other jobs in your “My Jobs”, please inform the Poster(s) about your situation. Call the Poster(s) or leave a message if you cannot get through. It is important you save the call logs and messages as evidence in the event GoGet admin requests for them.
Scenario 1: If the Poster can delay the delivery time, you may do so but ensure the Poster is updated of any changes such as how long your vehicle will need to be fixed and the new delivery time.
Scenario 2: If the Poster cannot wait for your vehicle to be fixed, you may cancel the job. Ensure you have evidence such as pictures of the damaged vehicle with accurate timestamps and workshop receipts to be provided to GoGet admin as proof and for records.
i) If the item is with you, inform the Poster/receiver to see if they are able to come and meet you to retrieve the item.
ii) If not, kindly post up a job from your end to get another GoGetter to retrieve the item from you and continue the job. Please refer to the important steps below on how to post up a job.
How to post up a job?
Step 1: Switch your status to “Poster” by going to “My Profile”.
Step 2: Create a dispatch job. Input the relevant details so the new GoGetter knows the job details. Inform the poster/receiver regarding the change of GoGetter as you are unable to proceed.
Follow this template to include in the additional notes.
“LIFESAVER JOB ! Need urgent help to proceed with my delivery due to vehicle problem”
Step 3: Post up the job. Kindly pay the new GoGetter the fee as stated in the app. Report the job to us via in app. Include evidence such as photo and workshop receipt and we will reimburse the fee* you paid to the new GoGetter in admin tips.
*In order to receive full reimbursement for the fee you paid to the new GoGetter, we require full evidence such as photo of the vehicle, workshop repair receipt etc within 3 working days. If we do not receive full evidence, we have the right to reject the reimbursement of the full GoGetter fee.
Tips for you to ensure your vehicle do not break down often.
- Ensure regular checks on your vehicle condition is carried out frequently (eg: once a month).
- Save at least 3 workshop numbers in your phone. Make sure they are at least from different areas.
- If you are using a car, please make sure you have some emergency supplies including a set of jump-leads, a spare of petrol canister, a triangle hazard or warning sign and spare tyre on hand at all times. You should do a weekly check on oil, engine and battery fluid levels as well as checks on your tyre pressure. It is also advisable to ensure you have sufficient petrol before you claim or start any job.
- If you are using a motorcycle, take time to do a basic routine of motorcycle maintenance before you start the journey. You may check the pressure of your tyres, brakes, lights, chain and fluids like coolant or oil. Prepare emergency supplies such as a screwdriver, an adjustable spanner, a spark plug tool, a spare spark plug and a small torch.