Good news! The Kerjaya Gig Programme has been extended until 31 December 2021.
The government is giving out RM3,600 incentive as part of the KerjayaGig Programme to promote the take-up of employment opportunities across informal and non-standard or gig economy work.
What is the KerjayaGig Programme about?
How can I be part of the KerjayaGig programme?
STEP 1. Check your eligibility. You must fall under one of these eligibility categories to apply.
- Formal workers employed and registered with PERKESO but given noticed for Unpaid Leave
- Retrenched Workers registered with PERKESO
- Vulnerable jobseekers (i.e. people with disabilities (OKU), participants of the PERKESO’s return to work programme, the homeless, gelandangan, single mothers, poor head of households registered with e-Kasih database, former drug addicts, former prisoners, parolees.)
- Unemployed individuals including graduates who have been unemployed for 180 days or more.
*Note: All workers in the program must be of the age 18-60 years old. You must also be a a verified GoGetter from 17 March 2021 onwards.
STEP 2. Apply for the KerjayaGig Programme
- Log in to www.myfuturejobs.gov.my
- Click on 'Job Search' and insert "GoGetter" (Refer image below).
- Click on Apply (Refer image below). Note: Please apply the job that suits your main mode of transportation e.g. 'motorcycle', 'car' or 'bicycle/no transportation'.
STEP 3. Once you have applied on www.myfuturejobs.gov.my, fill in this form as proof so GoGet can verify your application.
STEP 4. Successful applicants will receive an email directly from PenjanaKerjaya on how to claim your FREE incentive! You will receive a RM600 incentive payout on a monthly basis for 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I was verified before 17 March 2021 but I meet the other eligibility criteria for the KerjayaGig programme. Can I still apply?
- No, only GoGetter's that are verified on or after 17 March 2021 AND meet the eligibility criteria can apply.
2. I am a verified GoGetter and I have applied for the KerjayaGig programme on www.myfuturejobs.gov.my. What else do I have to do?
- Once you have applied for the KerjayaGig programme on the myfuturejobs website, fill in this form as proof for GoGet to verify your application. This is important as GoGet needs to verify your application in order for you to receive your incentive.
3. How will I know if my application for the KerjayaGig programme is successful?
- You will receive a confirmation email (refer image below) as proof that your application is successful.
- Next, you will have to verify your registration by clicking on the link provided in the email.
- You will be required to update your PenjanaKerjaya profile.
4. What are the required documents that I must have and upload during submission?
Please refer to the image below for the list of documents needed to be uploaded when submitting your application.
For item (d), 'Emel Pengesahan Daripada Operator', kindly reach out to us through your GoGetter app 'Account' > 'Help & Support' > 'Contact Support' with the subject 'Letter of Confirmation - KerjayaGig Program'.
*Refer to attachment below this page for Borang Pengesahan Pekerjaan (Borang 1), Borang Pengesahan Pendapatan & Tanggungan Isi Rumah (Borang 2) and Borang Akuan Tidak Bekerja (Borang 3).
5. How do I update my profile in PenjanaKerjaya for registration?
Follow the steps* as shown to update your profile in PenjanaKerjaya :-
*Refer to attachment Manual Permohonan Pengguna Program KerjayaGig (Orang Bekerja Sendiri).pdf for more information.
6. Is it compulsory for me to contribute under the Self Employment Social Security scheme?
No, it is not compulsory. However, we strongly encourage you to protect yourself and family with SOCSO’s Self-Employment Social Security Scheme with only RM69.80 for 1 year protection. Read more here.
7. How do I update my Gig Activity log to get subsequent month’s payment from the Kerjayagig program?
To receive subsequent month’s payment (2nd-6th month), you will need to update your Gig Activity log on your PenjanaKerjaya account every month. Your Gig Activity log must be updated at the end of every month to qualify.
For Supporting Document, you can attach your earnings summary as additional proof.
To access your earnings summary, go to Account > Payment > Earnings. For more information on how to access your earnings summary, click here.
8. How do I calculate the Duration Hour?
You can get an estimate of Duration Hour by checking the Completed at time stamp for each task completed. Kindly note that you are required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week to qualify for the KerjayaGig incentive.
9. Can I apply for the incentive under two or more different operators?
No. Your application will only be approved once, on the first come, first served basis to avoid incentives' overlap.
10. When is the last day to submit my application?
The last day to submit your application for the KerjayaGig programme is 31 December 2021.
I have other questions regarding the KerjayaGig programme. Who can I reach out to?
- Check out the FAQ for this programme in the attachment below (Title: FAQ Program KerjayaGig.pdf) OR
- Visit www.perkeso.gov.my or www.myfuturejobs.gov.m OR
- Interested individuals may also call the dedicated call line at 03-80915300 / 1-300-22-800 or email at email@example.com