Good news! The government is giving up to RM4,800 incentive as part of the SIP Gig Program to encourage job seekers or unemployed individuals to take up employment opportunities across informal employment or gig economic careers through digital platforms.
What is the SIP Gig Program about?
- SIP Gig is a financial incentive of RM600 to RM800 per month for a maximum period of 6 months for new gig employees under Budget 2022.
- Incentive payments under the SIP Gig Program are implemented as follows:
Am I eligible to be part of the SIP Gig program?
You must fall under one of these eligibility categories to be eligible for the program:
- Individuals who have been given notice of unpaid leave (minimum of one month) or who have been retrenched.
- Individuals / graduates who are unemployed for more than 60 days.
- Job seekers from the affected groups such as the disabled, ex-prisoners and others.
- Housewives who have not worked for more than 6 months and household income is less than RM2,208 in line with the latest Poverty Line Income (PLI) limit.
*Note: All workers in the program must be of the age 18-60 years old by 2022. You must also be a verified GoGetter from 1 January 2022 onward.
How to apply for the SIP Gig Program?
There are two ways to apply:
- Via SOCSO app:
- Via SOCSO Matrix system: https://matrix.perkeso.gov.my/
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I was verified before 1 January 2022 but I meet the other eligibility criteria for the SIP Gig program. Can I still apply?
- No, only GoGetters that are verified on or after 1 January 2022 AND meet the eligibility criteria can apply.
2. What are the required documents that I must have and upload during submission?
- Please refer to the image below for the list of documents needed to be uploaded when submitting your application:
For Digital Platform proof of registration request, please reach out to us via Help & Support ticket.
3. How can I submit my Activity Log?
- To submit Activity Log based on Earnings, go to Account > Payment > Earnings. For more information on how to access your earnings summary, click here. OR
- To submit Activity Log based on Duration Hour, check the Completed at time stamp for each task completed and get the estimate. Kindly note that you are required to work a minimum of 40 hours per week to qualify for the SIP Gig incentive.
4. Can I apply for the incentive under two or more different operators?
- No. Your application will only be approved once, on the first come, first served basis to avoid incentives' overlap.
5. When is the last day to submit my application?
- The last day to submit your application for the SIP Gig program is 30 June 2022.
6. What should I do if I was offered a full time job during the period of receiving this incentive?
- If you received a full time job offer, you must report your employment status to
SOCSO within 48 hours through the SOCSO app (SIP Gig) to terminate the next incentive payment.
I have other questions regarding the SIP Gig program. Who can I reach out to?
- Check out the FAQ for this program in the link here OR
- Visit Matrix Portal or MyFutureJobs Portal OR
- Interested individuals may also call the dedicated call line at 03-80915300 / 1-300-22-800 or email at https://eaduansip.perkeso.gov.my